Importing pictures to iMovie is easy. Once you have your pictures saved, just open up the app on your computer. One of the first things you want to do is pick what type of project you would like. You can choose from a video slideshow or an iPhone demo. Geotagging images will make it easier for people to find where they were taken by adding coordinates on top of them in the photo editing program and making sure location services are enabled on your phone when taking photos.
Once you have the type of project picked, you will be taken to a screen that looks like this:
Now, click on the “Choose Files” button at the bottom and it will bring up your computer with all your pictures. You can drag and drop them into iMovie as well.
To make sure that everything is properly set up, go to the iMovie home screen in your app on your phone and check that Location Services are enabled.
NOTE: The first time you try this the location services may not work, so it is suggested that you do the following:
- Set your phone to airplane mode.
- Open up your iMovie and click on “iMovie” in the center of your screen.
- Click on “Location Services” in the center of your screen (there will be one or more checkboxes there).
- Uncheck all of them except for GPS (either turn off airplane mode or open up settings and enable GPS).
- Open up your computer and drag all your pictures into iMovie. That should fix everything. If not, I suggest leaving airplane mode on and just opening up the app to workaround the problem.
To add a video to your slideshow you will need to import some more photos. Choose file > new from the menu bar just to bring up this:
Once you have added all of the photos you require, back out of that screen and click on “Import From” in the lower left hand corner and then choose “Pictures”. You will be brought to this:
– Click on “Camera Roll” to import all of the pictures you have on your phone.
Once all of the pictures have been added, click on the “Choose Files” button at the bottom and it will display your newly imported photos in iMovie. Now you can start editing them to your liking. This is one brief guide on how to import a video into iMovie. If you want to see more guides on importing videos and photos go ahead an search for those instead.